Need a garbage Disposal installed? We Have You Covered!
Need a garbage disposal installation company? Big B's Plumbing has you covered. Like most households in America, your garbage disposal is one of the most used appliances. Unfortunately, without much warning, our appliances will eventually break down if not replaced ahead of time. Most of us haven't done our research on garbage disposals. When we start our search, the cost will range from $100 up to $250. How do we know which garbage disposal is right for our home? There are a couple of things to consider when making a new garbage disposal purchase. First, it will last 10-15 years, and second, since it does have such a long lifespan, consider upgrading to a nicer model; you won't regret it. The latest garbage disposal technology has more grinding power; there much quieter, and they look better than the old disposals.
The motor size is the most important.
As a rule, a small apartment or condo could get away with 1/3 horsepower (HP), but it's our recommendation never to use less than 1/2 HP. Three to five people living in a home should use a disposal with 1/2-3/4 HP. Six or more people a 1 HP is the recommendation. Of course, these are all recommendations and not necessarily a rule. What it boils down to is how much you'll use your garbage disposal. Some families will entertain more than others. Whatever the case, we can guide you through the selection, ensuring you have the right garbage disposal for your family. We want to be your first choice for your Garbage Disposal Installation.
Other Things To Keep In Mind When Buying Your Garbage Disposal
When purchasing a garbage disposal, select one that has stainless steel impellers. Stainless steel impellers are harder and will last longer. They will also grind the food more finely. If you have a dishwasher, make sure your garbage disposal has a dishwasher attachment. Doing this will allow any food from the dishwasher to flow into the garbage disposal, where it can be ground down and rinsed away. You should also consider other features like noise level. The quieter the disposal, the better. Make sure your garbage disposal has a reset button on the unit. It's a good idea to have a corrosion protection shield on it. The shield will give your garbage disposal a longer life expectancy. It's critical to have your disposal correctly installed. At Big B's Plumbing Company, we're the plumbing experts for your Garbage Disposal Installation.
Take Good Care of Your Garbage Disposal
Some may have heard that you can sharpen the blades of your disposal by pouring ice down it and turning it on. This is a myth because your garbage disposal does not have blades; it has impellers or teeth that grind up your food at high speeds. Unlike most appliances, your garbage disposal won't require much maintenance, but you can that some safeguards that could extend its lifespan.
Here are some ideas:
- Only use cold water when running your disposal; this will help prevent clogs.
- Don't put potato peels, celery, artichokes, eggshells, coffee, corn husks, banana peels, or grease down your disposal.
- You can extend the life of your garbage disposal by composting. The compost is plant and garden-friendly. Collect your food scraps in a canister with a lid. Your food scraps can provide excellent compost and will preserve our landfills.
At Big B's Plumbing, we have you covered for all your plumbing needs, and that includes your garbage disposal installation. We're an A+ rated company with the Better Business Bureau, and we pride ourselves on hundred of top-notch reviews on Facebook, Yelp!, and Google Business. All our highly skilled plumbers have had a criminal background check by a third party. You can check our contractor's license here, license #986152.
Escondido Plumbing Company Services
- Gas Line Repair Escondido
- New Toilet Installation Escondido
- Leaking Water Pipe Repairs Escondido
- Escondido Trenchless Sewer Lines
- Escondido Sewer Line Repairs
- Drain Cleaning Service Escondido
- Camera Inspections Escondido
- Faucet Replaced
- Home Repiping Contractor
- Water Heater Repair Escondido
- Water Pressure Repair Service Escondido
- Commercial Plumbing Service Escondido
- Hydro Jetting Company Escondido
- Emergency Plumbing Service Escondido
- Residential Plumbing Service Escondido
- Slab Leak Repair Escondido
- Whole House Water Filtration System Escondido
- Garbage Disposal Service Escondido
Legendary Service And Great Value
If you live in Escondido and your plumbing is having problems. Call the experts at Big B's Plumbing; we have our trucks pre-stocked with supplies, and we equip our plumbers with the best in plumbing technology. When you're looking for great value and legendary service, call the experts at Big B's Plumbing.
CALL TODAY & GET THE SERVICE YOU DESERVE!