Our water heater is one of those appliances that we just take for granted. Year after year they sit in the corner of our garage providing hot water. It isn’t until something goes wrong that we even take notice. Most people with old water heaters don’t just replace them because they’re old. We usually wait until the water heater has seen its final day, then we replace it with a new one. At Big B’s Plumbing, we understand the idea that “if it’s not broke why fix it.” But let’s look at some of the signs of a failing water heater.
- Age of your water heater, most water heaters last 8 to 12 years.
- Rusty hot water can be a sign that your water heaters tank is rusting. Chances are a leak are right around the corner.
- Rumbling sound when your water heater is heating up.
- Leaking connections, you may not see a leak, but if your connections are rusted, then there is moisture around them.
- Leaking Tank, if your tank is leaking its time to have it replaced.
Water Heater Repair Is It Worth The Cost Of Repair!
Age is number one if your water heater is too old you may not want to invest in it. With that said if your water heater is less than eight years old, it may be worth a small investment to have it repaired. Below are some common fixes for a water heater.
- Heating elements can fail but are easy to replace.
- Pilot light goes out this too is an easy fix. How to restart your pilot instructions can be seen on the inside door of your water heater.
- Bad Thermocouple, unless you’re very handy, this is best left to your plumbing contractor.
- Pressure relief valve can go wrong but are simple to replace by your plumbing professional.
- Leaky water heater usually means the end to your water heater, but in some cases, the problem can be minor.
- Replacing the drain valve, this may be as simple as tightening the valve or it may need to be replaced.
Whatever your situation Big B’s Plumbing will always diagnosis the problem and give the customer all options available. All estimates are FREE, call us today, and you’ll understand why we’re number one in customer satisfaction.