New Bathtub And Toilet Installation Service, San Diego | Big B's Plumbing
Call the team with a proven track record. At Big B's Plumbing, we've been plumbing new toilet installations for over a decade. So don't trust your installation to just anyone. We're an A+ rated plumbing company with the Better Business Bureau, not to mention we have thousands of top-notch reviews on Facebook, Google Business, and Yelp! We install it all, from smart toilets to bidets. We take our new toilet installation services seriously!
Big B's Plumbing - Your Plumber for Life!
For Most Of Us, Our Bathrooms Are a Getaway
Bathtub and Toilet Installation performed by Big B's. Our bathrooms are the smallest room in the house but have the biggest impact. We spend an average of 30 minutes daily in the bathroom, and one in four of us will spend one hour. How many people do you know will hold off using some other toilet until they get home? And most of us feel the same about our showers. For many of us, our bathrooms are a getaway that gives us time to refocus, whether we're spending time on the toilet or taking a hot shower. So when we're ready for a new bathtub or toilet installation, you can rely on the experts from Big B's Plumbing.
Bathtubs Come in All Shapes And Sizes
Bathtubs come in all shapes, sizes, and price points that can fit every budget. Before starting the process, you'll have to ask yourself a couple of questions. First, will you be taking baths regularly? Second what size water heater do you have? So many times, the bathtub doesn't match the size of your water heater. Finally, you'll need to decide on a standalone bathtub or a bathtub with a shower enclosure.
Bathtubs come in different materials, such as porcelain enameled steel, acrylic, fiberglass, enameled cast iron, and cast polymer (cultured marble, granite, or onyx). Each material has its pros and cons; for example, some may be light, durable, and easy to clean, while others retain heat longer and come in various colors. Your bathtub and toilet installation pros from Big B's Plumbing can educate you through the process.
When Buying a New Toilet, You'll Want the Right Fit
Let's not forget the toilet, often referred to as your "throne" for obvious reasons. Choices in design and style are at an all-time high for a new toilet. Here's what you'll need to consider when purchasing that new toilet, height, style, color, bowl shape, and what kind of flushing technology you'll want to use. When buying and installing a new toilet, you'll want the right fit for you. Even ergonomics is now playing a big role in purchasing a new toilet. Comfort is the priority for most families making a toilet purchase. For those who shop at your local home center, selecting the right toilet can be quite a dilemma. Get the service, value, and direction you need for your new bathtub and toilet installation at Big B's Plumbing.
Family Owned & Operated
My name is Brandon Mageno. I'm the founder, President, and CEO of Big B's Plumbing Company. As the founder, I never thought about being average or good. My passion for being the best plumbing company in Southern California has always been the same. Providing plumbing services to this great county is simply in my DNA. Nothing makes me happier than to see a satisfied customer. Learn More About Us
Tips for Buying a New Toilet
- Consider the size and shape: Toilets come in different sizes and shapes, so it's important to consider what will fit in your bathroom and what will be comfortable to use. Round toilets are often a good choice for smaller bathrooms, while elongated toilets provide more comfort and support.
- Look for water efficiency: Water-efficient toilets can help you save money on your water bill and are better for the environment. Look for toilets with a WaterSense label, which means they meet certain standards for water efficiency set by the Environmental Protection Agency.
- Check the flushing system: The flushing system is an important factor to consider when buying a new toilet. Look for toilets that have a strong and effective flushing system that can handle waste without clogging or requiring multiple flushes.
- Think about the height: Toilet heights can vary, and choosing the right height can make a big difference in comfort and accessibility. Standard toilet height is around 15 inches, but some toilets have a higher "comfort height" of around 17 inches, which can be easier for people with mobility issues.
- Consider the brand and quality: Look for toilets from reputable brands that have a good track record for quality and reliability. Cheaper toilets may be tempting, but they may not last as long or work as effectively as a higher-quality toilet.
- Read reviews: Before purchasing, read reviews from other customers to get an idea of the toilet's performance and reliability. Look for reviews that specifically address the flushing power, ease of installation, and other important factors.
Considering these factors, you can choose a comfortable, efficient, and reliable toilet.
Your Opinion Matters!
What's Involved in a New Toilet Installation?
Installing a new toilet can involve several steps, including:
- Removing the old toilet: The first step is to remove the old toilet, including disconnecting the water supply line, removing the bolts that secure the toilet to the floor, and lifting the toilet off the flange.
- Inspecting the flange: With the old toilet removed, you should inspect the flange, which is the fitting that connects the toilet to the waste pipe. The flange should be clean, level, and in good condition. If the flange is damaged or not level, it may need to be repaired or replaced.
- Preparing the area: Before installing the new toilet, you should clean the area around the flange and remove any debris. You must also install a new wax ring to ensure a tight seal between the toilet and the flange.
- Installing the new toilet: Once the area is prepared, you can install the new toilet. This involves setting the toilet onto the flange, aligning it with the bolts, and tightening the bolts to secure the toilet in place. You must also reconnect the water supply line and fill the toilet tank with water.
- Testing the toilet: Finally, you should test the toilet to ensure it works properly. This includes flushing the toilet several times to ensure no leaks and that it drains properly.
Remember that if you are uncomfortable with any of these steps, hiring a professional plumber to install your new toilet is always best.
What People Are Saying...
I called Big B's Plumbing because I the hot water would not turn off in our master bathroom. I tried to turn the valve off under the sink and it broke off, so I had to shut off the main water to the house. It was noticeable the valves were original to the home. When I called, the rep stated that I would be informed about the service tech and their experience along with services offered "On The Spot". I was on a bit of a time crunch...
Read More on Google My Business
Found them on Google and they had good quality reviews. Made the call and set up the appointment for same day. Dispatch called me a few hours later to confirm our appointment and let me know that the technician Mathew was on the way. This was supposed to be an easy job once Mathew arrived. But it turned out to be so much more than that. Without hesitation or a sour look on his face, he dove deep into his van...
Read More on Google My Business
Randy was very knowledgeable and professional. He helped us figure out what we could do with the space given for our bathroom with our remodel. He picked out perfect fixtures and the work he did was beautiful. The cleaned up properly when they were done and everything was handled in one day! I will be calling for Randy anytime we have any plumbing needs. Thank you for doing such a great job!
Read More on Google My Business