Home Repiping Contractor, San Diego | Big B's Plumbing
If you live in an older home and your pipes are revealing signs that they may need replacing, no worries! Big B's Plumbing is your premier home repiping contractor in San Diego, CA. Do you need to replace your pipes because they are leaking or otherwise damaged? Big B's Plumbing has provided repiping services to San Diego for nearly fifteen years. Our house repipe experts are proficient in cross-linked polyethylene (PEX) or copper. So you'll always get the service you deserve at Big B's Plumbing.
Big B's Plumbing - Your Plumber for Life!
We Approach Home Repiping Quickly And Methodically
Big B's Plumbing is your best bet for repiping services in San Diego. As a homeowner, just the idea of repiping your house may be stressful. But, you can rest assured knowing that we will skillfully and quickly. For example, for a two-bathroom home, our team can repipe your home in one day and repair any drywall the following day. In that case, the water is turned back on the same day. Likewise, a three and four-bathroom home could get completed in as little as two days. Again, our meticulous planning and the latest tools and equipment give us the edge. When you need a house repipe, we have you covered.
Copper And Steel Galvanized Pipes Can Last 30 to 50 Years
Since 1970, the San Diego population has almost doubled to close to 1.4 million. The newer commercial structures complement the older ones, and In many of those older residential and commercial structures, pipes have begun to show symptoms of wear and tear. Pipes made from galvanized steel or copper can survive for 50-60 years. One primary factor determining how long pipes last is their initial quality.
- Are there water leaks coming from your pipes?
- Do you have poor water pressure?
- Do you notice a brownish hue in your water supply?
- Are you hear strange noises from your piping?
- Do you have galvanized pipes in your house?
- Does something seem off about how your water tastes?
You should be concerned if you answered "yes" to any of the following questions. Knowing whether there is an issue is half the fight, and one of our home repiping professionals can examine your pipes thoroughly to find out if there is. Faulty pipes don't appear suddenly but rather develop gradually over time.
Family Owned & Operated
My name is Brandon Mageno. I'm the founder, President, and CEO of Big B's Plumbing Company. As the founder, I never thought about being average or good. My passion for being the best plumbing company in Southern California has always been the same. Providing plumbing services to this great county is simply in my DNA. Nothing makes me happier than to see a satisfied customer. Learn More About Us
The Problem With Galvanized Steel Pipes
The problem with old galvanized residential homes is that the galvanized pipes used for water supply can corrode and rust over time, leading to a number of issues. As the pipes deteriorate, they can restrict water flow, cause low water pressure, and develop leaks, leading to water damage and mold growth in the home. Additionally, the rust and corrosion in the pipes can cause the water to become discolored and taste metallic.
In addition to these issues, galvanized pipes can also pose health risks.
The corrosion and rust in the pipes can create particles that get released into the water supply, which can cause health problems such as gastrointestinal issues and skin irritation. In some cases, the corrosion can even cause lead to leach into the water, which can lead to lead poisoning. Ask about how our house repipe can add value to your home.
Overall, the problem with old galvanized residential homes is that the outdated piping system can cause a range of issues that affect the water supply's quality and can pose health risks to home occupants. Therefore, homeowners with galvanized pipes need to consider replacing them with newer, safer materials to ensure the health and safety of their household.
Uponor Introduced AquaPEX® Piping Products To The Market
Over many years, things have changed in the plumbing industry, including the pipes we install in your home. Steel galvanized pipes ruled the housing market in the 40s, 50s, and early 60s. Then came copper in the 60s; since then, it has become the pipe of choice. Rightly so, copper pipes are very reliable. In the mid-90s, Uponor introduced AquaPEX® tubing products to the market. By the turn of the century, it became the go-to pipe for many plumbing contractors, specifically for new construction and repiping homes.
Your Opinion Matters!
What Are Some Of The Benefits Of PEX For Your Home Repiping?
There are several benefits of using cross-linked polyethylene (PEX) for your home's plumbing system:
- Durability: PEX pipes are highly durable and resistant to corrosion, cracking, and bursting, making them an ideal choice for long-term use. They can withstand extreme temperatures and pressure changes without becoming brittle or breaking.
- Easy installation: PEX pipes are lightweight and flexible, which makes them easy to install, and they require fewer fittings and connections than traditional plumbing materials. This can reduce installation time and costs.
More Options For PEX
- Improved water flow: PEX pipes have a smooth interior surface that allows for improved water flow and reduced pressure loss, resulting in higher water pressure and a better shower experience.
- Reduced noise: PEX pipes are known for their quiet operation, as they do not make the same creaking and groaning noises as metal pipes do when expanding and contracting due to temperature changes.
- Resistance to freezing damage: PEX pipes are resistant to freezing damage, as they have the ability to expand and contract without breaking. This makes them ideal for use in colder climates.
- Cost-effective: PEX pipes are often less expensive than other plumbing materials, such as copper, which can help reduce the overall cost of a plumbing project.
Overall, the use of PEX pipes for your home's plumbing system offers a range of benefits, from improved durability and water flow to reduced noise and cost-effectiveness.
How Has Copper Blessed Our Lives Over The Past 65 Years?
Copper has been a popular choice for plumbing systems for many decades due to its durability, corrosion resistance, and ease of use. Here are some of the ways copper has blessed our lives in plumbing systems over the last 65 years:
- Durability: Copper pipes are durable and long-lasting, with an average lifespan of 50 years or more. Copper pipes are less prone to leaks, corrosion, and damage compared to other materials, which reduces the need for costly repairs or replacements.
- Clean water supply: Copper is a naturally antimicrobial material, which means it helps prevent the growth of bacteria and other harmful organisms in the water supply. Copper pipes ensure that the water flowing through them remains clean and safe to use.
Copper Pipes Were the Go-To Pipe for Many Years
- Safe and reliable: Copper pipes are resistant to extreme temperatures and pressures, making them a safe and reliable choice for plumbing systems. Copper pipes can handle high water pressures without bursting or leaking, which reduces the risk of flooding and water damage. So ask about the benefits of a house repipe.
- Easy to work with: Copper is a flexible material that is easy to bend and shape, which makes it easy to install and work with in a wide range of plumbing applications. This versatility also makes copper pipes ideal for retrofitting and upgrading existing plumbing systems.
- Environmentally friendly: Copper is a 100% recyclable material, which makes it an environmentally friendly choice for plumbing systems. Recycling copper pipes helps reduce waste and conserves natural resources.
Overall, copper has blessed our lives in plumbing systems over the last 65 years by providing a safe, reliable, and durable material for our water supply and plumbing infrastructure. Its unique properties have allowed it to play a crucial role in ensuring our homes and businesses access clean and safe water.
Service Providers That Do Copper Repiping In San Diego Homes
Homeowners have a learning curve when it comes to adopting any major change. With its many advantages, copper is still a popular choice for many homeowners and landlords. Big B's Plumbing is ready to serve as your San Diego, CA, copper home repiping contractor. The main advantage of copper pipes over PEX is that they can be reused and recycled. Your house repipe may be the answer your looking for.
For Over a Decade, We Have Been San Diego's Trusted Source for Plumbing Excellence
For over a decade, Big B's Plumbing has been San Diego's go-to plumbing service in North County, renowned for our dedication to our customers. The fact that we have so many reviews praising our value and service with five stars on platforms like Facebook, Yelp!, and Google speaks volumes. In addition, we have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau; we complete background checks on all of our plumbers. Big B's Plumbing is a California-licensed plumbing company, #986152.
What People Are Saying...
I called Big B's Plumbing because I the hot water would not turn off in our master bathroom. I tried to turn the valve off under the sink and it broke off, so I had to shut off the main water to the house. It was noticeable the valves were original to the home. When I called, the rep stated that I would be informed about the service tech and their experience along with services offered "On The Spot". I was on a bit of a time crunch...
Read More on Google My Business
Found them on Google and they had good quality reviews. Made the call and set up the appointment for same day. Dispatch called me a few hours later to confirm our appointment and let me know that the technician Mathew was on the way. This was supposed to be an easy job once Mathew arrived. But it turned out to be so much more than that. Without hesitation or a sour look on his face, he dove deep into his van...
Read More on Google My Business
Randy was very knowledgeable and professional. He helped us figure out what we could do with the space given for our bathroom with our remodel. He picked out perfect fixtures and the work he did was beautiful. The cleaned up properly when they were done and everything was handled in one day! I will be calling for Randy anytime we have any plumbing needs. Thank you for doing such a great job!
Read More on Google My Business