So let’s clear the air with the spelling, is it “shower heads” or “showerheads?” Well, the government spells it showerheads, so we will go with that. There are still those that still want to spell it shower heads and we’re ok with that also. With so many showerheads on the market, how do we know what would be considered the best? The best showerheads depend on your needs and desires. According to WaterSense, the best showerheads are those that use less than 2.0 gallons per minute (GPM) and provides a satisfying shower experience equal to or better than most showerheads. WaterSense is a program designed by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to encourage water efficiency in the United States. The products that pass the WaterSense criteria have been independently certified before being awarded the WaterSense label. Standard showerheads use 2.5 GPM.
“Best” is a term used in marketing to promote a product. So we’ll set our own standard for “the best.”
To be the best showerhead, you must:
- Cost less than $100
- Use less than 2.0 gallons of water per minute
- Provide a quality shower experience
- Easy installation
- Aesthetic appeal and value
Let’s start from the least expensive to the most. Our first choice is from WaterPik. For the cost, and the quality Waterpik is a great value.
5-Spray 3.8 inch Brushed Nickel Single Low Flow, Wall Mount, Fixed with Shower Head. Model# TAV-529E
- Brushed nickel finish
- Five spray settings
- 1.8 GPM flow
- OptiFLOW technology that improves water force
- Installation in a few short minutes
- Cost less than $20
Our second choice is a Delta Showerhead.
SureDock 7-Spray 5 inch H2Okinetic Shower Head in Chrome Single Wall Mount Handheld Model# TAV-529E
- SureDock for hands-free showering
- H2Okinetic shower technology uses less water with a forceful spray
- Soft, rubber Touch-Clean spray holes to remove calcium build-up easily
- Spray settings that include massage spray
- Pause features to save water while you shave or lather down
- WaterSense labeled showerhead that uses 20% less water than the industry standard
- Installs in just a few minutes
- Starts at just under $50
Our third choice is also a Delta showerhead.
Attract 6-Spray 5.5 inch Shower Head in Spot Resist Brushed Nickel Single Tub Wall Mount Handheld Adjustable Model# 26603SRN
- Spot resist brushed nickel finish resists water spots and fingerprints
- Magnetix™ docking system, even with your eyes closed
- Customize your shower with six optimized settings
- Features a kink-free metal hose
- 6-function 5.5 inch diameter spray head and hand shower
- Meets EPA WaterSense criteria to conserve water without sacrificing performance.
- Cost less than $70
Our last choice for the best showerhead is a Moen. This shower is a best seller for many home improvement stores.
Attract 6-spray 6.75 in. Spot Resist Brushed Nickel, Dual Shower Head and Handheld Shower Head Eco Model# 26008SRN.
- Magnetite docking uses a powerful integrated magnet to hold your two-in-one showerhead precisely in place for easy docking every time.
- Soft, rubber Touch-Clean spray holes to give you the ability to wipe away calcium and lime build-up from the showerhead spray face with the touch of a finger
- Installs in minutes
- Spray settings include massaging spray
- Pause feature reduces water to a trickle to allow you time for shaving and lathering without wasting water
- Includes 60-inch metal hose
- WaterSense labeled showers use at least 20% less water than the industry standard.
- Under $100
With hundreds, if not thousands of showerheads to choose from, discover what showerhead makes your “best showerhead” list. Set your own guidelines and budget.